Are you looking to have a good pay and enjoy the luxury of working from home? Then freelancing seems like the ideal career choice for you, although it’s not as easy as it sounds. You need to be pro-active and ooze creativity. Here are some characteristics which make the perfect freelancer:
- Excellent communication skills- If you are unable to influence people, freelancing is probably not for you. You need to possess outstanding communication skills to deal with your clients easily and in turn build a better network for you to grow your work. Being a good listener is equally important.
- Reliability- Complete your work on time because your clients won’t wait for your work beyond the deadline. Remember reliability is your reputation. In freelancing, the first impression is the last impression. Ensure you complete your work on a timely manner and do not keep your clients waiting.
- Initiative and Self-Discipline- If you’re a freelancer, gauge your personality. Can you exercise self-discipline? Can you meet deadlines regularly? You need to ask yourself these questions because freelance jobs demand a lot of perseverance.
It is equally important to take an initiative when you work. Judge yourself prior to proceeding.
- Organization and Time Management- There is no doubt that you are a boss of your business. Accept projects and work according to the time available to you. The more projects you complete, the more lucrative the next one becomes. After completing 3 or 4, you’ll get an idea regarding the amount of time and resources that are needed to accomplish a given task. But at the same time, do not overburden yourself with too many projects.
- Curiosity- There is a reason why introverts do well as freelancer. They have an innate sense of curiosity, which reflects in their work.
Inquisitive freelancers always do well. Make sure you get a firm understanding of what is expected from you and leave no stone unturned. Doing so will create a good impression in your client’s mind.
All things said and done, there is still one more thing that successful freelancers know how to do, and that is building a network. Portals like goHyP allow freelancers to connect with business owners and participate in a bunch of challenging freelancing projects. Get started and build your profile on goHyP.