Programmable Logic controller (PLC) represents a key driver in automation, production & process planning in the manufacturing industry. Many industries of today, including packaging, pharmaceuticals, refineries, mines, machine shops, power plants and food industries use PLC systems for automation of their machinery to produce more, consistently, quickly and efficiently.
- Basic concepts of PLC -Types of PLCs and HMI, Applications areas withexamples, recent trend in PLC,
- PLC Block Diagram, function of CPU, I/O interface, internal memory, Inputimage memory, Output Image memory, PLC SCAN, basic examples of PLC SCAN like start stop logic, etc.
- PLC Hardware: Different types of CPUs, Base racks, Extension racks,power supply modules, etc.
- Discrete Input / output modules, interfacing with field devices, concept ofSourcing & Sinking, I/O addressing
- PLC Programming : Relay based instructions, Timers and counters, DataManipulation and other advanced instructions
- Analog Input / output modules: interface of Analog Devices with PLC