Project is to connect a small scale (10-100KV) power producer and consumer at locations which are geographically apart from each other. We need to find answers for following questions in order to assess feasibility.
1. Can state electricity grid be used to transfer our private power from one source to another? What would be the cost involved?
2. If not what kind of equipment of design will be needed to transfer power (10-100 KV approx). What will be the losses resulting from the transmission. What will be the limitation on distance to which the power can be transmitted?
An electric system design will be required as deliverable.
3. The system needs to allow AC as well as DC power to be produced and consumed.
4. We need to measure how much power the producer provided and how much the consumer obtained. How can the system get only as much current/power from producer as is the needed by load in the consumer?
5. Can the power be transferred in DC (instead of AC)? Will this limit the transmission losses? It will prevent the need for inverter at the source end. Since sources may be multiple small ones and consumer may be one big one.
6. What kind of equipment will be required at producer and consumer ends? What will be the cost of such equipment?
7. How can this be monitored and measured remotely? What kind of IOT solution will be needed so that each of the meter starts broadcasting their data/readings ?