Our company is developing a telepresence system that enables private security companies to monitor the entrance of office buildings.
In order to detect visitors, we are looking for an electronics engineer to design a circuit that reads a measure from a Sharp GP2Y0A21YK0F analog distance sensor, so when it reaches a configurable threshold it sends a signal to our main system.
The designed circuit should be able to
* Continually read the output of the analog sensor
* Determine if that signal has been below the configured distance threshold for a configurable amount of time
* Drive a 12V signal that alerts our system about the presence of a visitor
The BOM should be kept as cheap as possible. Design can be based on a microcontroller, always keeping the economic factor in mind.
At the end of the project, designer should deliver:
* Design files for a PCB (Eagle CAD preferred)
* Bill of materials
* Firmware source code and instructions to flash it (if needed)
Further instructions about size restrictions will be specified later